At Specialty Orthopaedics, our physicians and staff are committed to providing you with detailed communication, education and quality care for you, and your injured employee. From start to finish, our worker’s compensation department will be easily accessible to you and your employee.
We understand the unique challenges presented by occupational illnesses and injuries and the value to both the employee and employer of early intervention. The early diagnosis and treatment of worker’s compensation injuries is key to helping injured employees quickly return to maximum employment potential. Our physicians are available to see your injured employee within 24 hours of their injury and in some cases within only a few hours. Our office is equipped to provide a full evaluation and treatment plan, including x-rays and MRI.
We have a dedicated team of orthopaedic physicians and specialists trained in worker’s compensation. Patient care and recovery is our top concern. Our team consists of partnering with the employee, case manager, and the insurance carrier to ensure that post-injury care and rehabilitation runs smoothly. Our physicians, worker’s compensation coordinator, and staff specialize in work-related injury diagnosis and treatment and will work together to provide you the following:
- Triage of orthopaedic injuries
- Provide a single point of contact with our office for the employee, employer, and carrier
- Educates employee and employer regarding the injury diagnosis and plan for care
- Work status is provided at the time of the appointment
- Facilitate authorization for treatment and surgical procedures as part of the care plan
- Troubleshoot return to work issues
- Schedule physicians to tour work sites to better understand the working environment
- Provide timely documentation to employer and carrier/adjuster
Scheduling Your Injured Employee
Please contact our worker’s compensation department at 678-450-3776 to assist you in scheduling an appointment for your injured employee.
The Worker’s Compensation Coordinator will keep your adjuster informed of your employee’s medical progress, procedure scheduling, pre-certification, and claims billing. It is our intention to maintain a good working relationship through communication, so feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for entrusting the care of your employees to our orthopaedic practice. We will strive to provide excellent quality care by assisting our community one patient at a time.