Foot and ankle problems are very common. More than 11 million visits are made to physicians’ offices each year because of foot, toe, and ankle problems. Your feet are the bones, joints, and tendons that help you get around in your everyday life.
Walking and running puts up to 1.5 times your bodyweight on your foot. The human foot cushions up to one million pounds of pressure during one hour of strenuous exercise. Athletes commonly suffer from foot and ankle issues, but no one is immune from these injuries.
At Specialty Orthopaedics, we are proud to specialize in identifying and treating the following injuries and conditions in the foot, ankle, and lower extremities:
- Ankle sprains & strains
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Shin splints
Being held back by foot and ankle pain can take a toll on your everyday activities and hobbies. Given the complex nature of the foot and ankle, personalized care and expertise are extremely important when dealing with any related foot and ankle injury or condition. With a specialized orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon on our team, we know what it takes to restore optimum foot and ankle health as efficiently as possible.
Our foot and ankle specialist will:
- Work with your Physical Therapist to develop and direct a personalized rehabilitation program
- Help you select an appropriate orthosis (brace) and make sure it fits correctly
- When a custom orthosis is needed, we will communicate with the brace shop and ensure you get the right brace in reasonable time
- Apply casts/splints and answer all questions on cast care and mobility
- Ensure that you have mobility devices that you need to successfully recover
- Explain recent advances in Stem Cell research and Regenerative Medicine – and offer those when appropriate
- Minimally invasive ligament reconstruction and repair of Foot and Ankle
- Surgical treatment of dropfoot
- Resection of neuromas
- Arthroscopic surgery of the Ankle
- Bone deformity correction – our foot and ankle specialist performs a wide range of procedures – from relieving you of painful bunions to acquired flatfoot reconstruction to ankle malalignment correction
- Arthritis surgery for Foot and Ankle – from great toe fusion for gout to ankle fusion or replacement
- Revision surgery for Foot and Ankle
We have over 20 years of experience serving patients across North Georgia and we are committed to providing the highest level of care. Schedule your appointment and together we will find the optimum course of treatment that works best for you. Contact us today for more information.